Do plugins terminate gracefully on Nagios restart or shutdown?

Paul M. Dubuc work at paul.dubuc.org
Thu Aug 26 21:16:13 CEST 2010

I'm wondering if there is any termination signal sent to a plugin that happens
to be executing at the time Nagios is restarted or shut down?  Do plugins need
a signal handler for this case if they have cleanup that needs doing?  Do
plugins using the embedded Perl also get a signal?  Is the signal different
for restart vs. shutdown?

Or perhaps Nagios waits for plugins that are executing to finish while not
starting any before doing the restart or shutdown.

I haven't found the answer to this in the development guidelines or other
documentation.

Can anyone tell me how this is handled?

Thanks,
Paul Dubuc