Can NRPE Output Be Graphed

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Mon Aug 23 13:36:06 CEST 2010

Robert Jackson wrote:

> I’m in the process of setting up NRPE daemons on remote Linux servers
> to enable me to monitor them. I’ve set-up a couple of checks (zombie
> and total processes) as per the documentation. Everything is working
> fine and Nagios reports correctly the numbers involved. I’m now
> wondering if these checks can/will output to PNP4Nagios to enable them
> to be graphed?
>
> Also what else can I use NRPE for to monitor Linux servers?

Hello Robert

To answer your first question - Yes PNP4Nagios will be able to graph the
data .

The second question , short answer is - any thing you want , nrpe is
only the "middle man" between the nagios server and the plugins to be
executed on the remote machines , to that end it is able to do anything
you write a plugin to check and pass the results back to nagios.

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon

Next year I will be doing the London to Paris bike ride to
raise money for the DogTrust (www.dogtrust.co.uk) .
Please Sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/Assaf-Flatto