Nagios help

newme me allanm78 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:15:31 CEST 2010

Hi!

I have a perl script which returns data in the following format (output from
a wget) -

AppName : BillingApp
"status" = "OK";

AppName : PaymentApp
"status" = "WARN";

AppName : OrderApp
"status" = "ERROR";

AppName :  RegApp
"status" = "FATAL";

the output consists of 150+ apps, with each one of them returning their
status.

Here is what I need -

Want to create a wrapper script which returns a cumulative summary. I need a
step by step instructions on how to hook a script like this into nagios?

What I desire -

Instead of a cumulative result, can I display the result in Nagios on a per
application basis using this one script (and a wrapper script on top of it)?

I tried check_http but it doesnt solve my needs as I want to parse out the
output from the wget rather than just doing a wget on a port.

If you can also provide me with a wrapper script for reference in relation
to how the result can be presented to Nagios that would be great.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Allan