Information about nagios..

Sean McAfee smcafee at collaborativefusion.com
Thu Aug 19 14:53:47 CEST 2010

ravishankar.gundlapali at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please let me know where can I find the information on different protocols used by Nagios plugins.
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi G

Try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_network_protocols

Nagios is a framework.  There are some stock plugins (http://nagiosplugins.org/)
available, or you can use the community-provided ones
(http://www.monitoringexchange.org/), or you can write your own.

Please read the documentation until you understand the "framework" part of
Nagios, then check out monitoringexchange.org to see what's out there and to get
ideas for what you need to do.

--
Sean McAfee
Senior Systems Engineer