Distributed Setup of Nagios

Tony Yarusso tyarusso at nagios.com
Tue Aug 17 19:13:20 CEST 2010

  On 8/17/2010 9:53 AM, Max wrote:
> DNX might work for you:
>
> http://dnx.sourceforge.net/
>
> - Max
I would second this suggestion.  I've been trying it out in the office
here, and it seems WAY simpler than the traditional method for
distributed setups.  The one caution I'll give with that is that it only
distributes the checks, so if you have for instances pnp4nagios for
performance graphs that load will still be centralized.

I wrote a script last week meant to aid in the installation of DNX - you
can download that from
http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagiosxi/scripts/NagiosXI-DNX.sh and
let me know how it works for you.  Unfortunately I don't have
documentation to go along with it yet, but it's mostly self explanatory
with the usual --help switch to the script.

--
Tony Yarusso
Technical Team
Email:  tyarusso at nagios.com