Host Groups / Definitions

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Tue Aug 17 17:24:13 CEST 2010

Shane

In the definitions of each host ( or template ) you have an option of
defining the "hostgroup" this will group several host in to a group and
will display them as a logical group . A host can be part of many host
groups - there is not restriction on a host belonging to one hostgroup.

To give an example , let say we have a host group "Dublin" that we want
to hold the hosts " city " , "airport" and "dock" , and a hostgroup
"Cork" to hold hosts "jazz" , "quay" and "south" .

Once you defined that , you can manage the nagios to allocate services
to a hostgroup Cork - and those services will be checked on that host group.

Does that help clarify it a bit more ?

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon

Next year I will be doing the London to Paris bike ride to
raise money for the DogTrust (www.dogtrust.co.uk) .
Please Sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/Assaf-Flatto