nagios plugins return code issue

Herb J. nagios at herb-j.com
Mon Aug 16 23:55:48 CEST 2010

Additionally, Nagios is really sensitive about how the Perl script is
written. It should be written well-enough to run with "use strict"
without any errors. (I see that it is commented out of both of your
scripts.) Additionally, the embedded Perl interpreter causes the scripts
to be run in what I consider to be a somewhat "non-standard" way in
regards to how the parameters are sent to the script. (In our
installation we have to surround host and service macros with quotes
before sending them to any plugins written in Perl.) The copyright date
on that file is 2000, so you will definitely want to find (or write) a
more up to date version.