Email echo monitoring

Polifemo, Salvatore polifemos at conedsolutions.com
Sat Aug 14 01:58:46 CEST 2010

Shane

I currently doing a similar thing to check for delivery delay and did
not find any existing plugins that do that.
I wrote a couple of scripts one to send email via gmail "with the time
stamp in the subject field" and a second script to check the Exchange
mailbox and calculate diffelrence between the received time stamp and
the sent time stamp in the subject field.
I completed these scripts and need to finish the last script to
calculate the delay and pass the values it to Nagios.

The scripts are written in perl, if you are interested I will post them.

Sal