What Switch Metric Are You Monitoring

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Fri Aug 13 16:32:49 CEST 2010

The same checks as the others mentioned:
CPU utilization, environment (Power Supplies, FAN), child-parent
relationship and uptime.

Additionally to that, depending on the switch, I also check the Cisco Stack
status, the memory usage and either a single port or several port ranges for
their operational status.