question about notifications

Herb J. nagios at herb-j.com
Mon Aug 9 20:00:54 CEST 2010

I assume that there wouldn't be a macro for it due to the fact that it
is normally up to the plugin / service check to determine and know what
the thresholds are in order to know what exit code to return back to Nagios.

Your best chance may be to define those values as service macros. That
way you would be able to pass them through to your plugin (assuming your
plugin accepts WARN and CRIT as command line args) as well as your
notification command (possibly a special secondary notification command
that adds the WARN and CRIT macro values to the message).