Calculations of RRD data

Stephen H. Dawson service at shdawson.com
Sun Aug 8 20:47:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but starting here.

We use Nagios for lots of monitoring, and store that data in the RRD database.  We graph that data.  Life is good.  We have some odd thoughts about "what if" scenarios, where we need to further review the data in the RRD database.  Simple arithmetic calculations of minus, division, and then some averaging of some of those minus and division outputs.

We really do not want to put the monitored data into a SQL database.  How (hopefully) does one do arithmetic calculations of data in an RRD database, please?

Thank you, kindly
SHD