setting up nagios to monitor other systems load, mem, disk

Dombrowski, Neil neil.dombrowski at hp.com
Fri Aug 6 17:59:21 CEST 2010

I have nagios 3.2.1 installed on a RH5.5 box, and it is monitoring ssh on
client systems (and host check/ping). I now want to be able to check disk
capacity, cpu load, etc., on other systems(clients). It's not clear to me
how to do this in the documentation. Do I need to use check_by_ssh or nrpe?
Is there a way to package up part of the nagios install and distribute it to
all systems I want to monitor? I would much appreciate it if someone could
send me a link to the right document for this.
Thanks,
        Neil