[Nagios-users] Nagios development moving forward

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Apr 30 10:06:48 CEST 2010

On 04/29/2010 09:39 PM, Richard Lynch wrote:
> Recommendation:
>
> Check_swap should be refactored to a get_swap function, OS-dependent, and
> then a comparison process, OS-independent. :-)
>
> I'm contemplating writing a Mac OS X check_swap, as there does not seem to
> be one, and not looking forward to parsing "top -n 1 -S ..." output...

This is a plugin issue. I was discussing the nagios core deamon, which is
the scheduler that runs the plugins. Issues like this would best be vented
on the nagiosplugin-devel list, or by scouring the web for an OS X compatible
check_swap.

> 'Course, I don't really know what I'm talking about; I'm a nagios "victim"
> for a month of a setup that blasts the whole IT department for every
> notification, and haven't actually done anything useful to fix that yet...

I'd suggest you disable notifications globally right now, since people
will otherwise get used to ignoring them. Then fix the problem and re-enable
them.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.