Host unreachable what's nagios do.

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Fri Apr 23 13:36:19 CEST 2010

 Le 22/04/2010 à 23:44:35+0200, Giorgio Zarrelli a écrit
> From the manual:
>
> "When hosts change state (i.e. from UP to DOWN), the host reachability logic in
> Nagios kicks in. The reachability logic will initiate parallel checks of the
> parents and children of whatever hosts change state. This allows Nagios to
> quickly determine the current status of your network infrastructure when
> changes occur."

Thanks for that.

My problem is :

	I've lot of services/hosts under nagios (~1500) and when some
	building is out of power (so lots of host/services going down), the
	nagios go wrong because of the charge on the server.

The first thing I think about is the parents/children but as you say that's
not going to change anything.

The second idea is to :

	Use dependencies and put a set (like all servers in a building) of
	host/servers in dependence of top of switch.

	And when the power come out, I put manually the top of the switch
	to down.

	What's do you think ?

Regards.

--