No answer from host with check-SNMP

zorgman zorg at probesys.com
Fri Apr 23 12:16:49 CEST 2010

Hi
I have a switch checked by check-snmp. I'm checking differents
interfaces, uptimes etc... So nagios send many snmp request to the switch.
But there is a problem, if all the requests are sent in a few time
interval, i have a "no answer from host XXX" message, so i must to
reschedule next check of service by CGI, it's a long work to do it.

Is there a solution to avoid it? say to nagios to wait some time between
the differents checks?

The switch is a Netgear, see below my config :

define command{
command_name check_snmp_int
command_line $USER1$/check_snmp_int2.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$  -f -mm -P
"$SERVICEPERFDATA$" -T $LASTSERVICECHECK$ -d 240 -r $ARG1$
}

define service {
             host_name               Switch_netgear
             service_description     FREE_NEW
             check_command           check_snmp_int!-C public -n "3/g24"
-k -w 200,50 -c 800,80
             use                     generic-service-active-perfdata
             notification_interval   0
}

Thanks a lot!