[Nagios-devel] FW: Timeperiods and oncall rotation with UK Public holidays

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Apr 22 20:07:58 CEST 2010

> If you can find a way to do this, please let me know!  My boss is wanting
> our Nagios installation to do this very thing, but I have yet to find a
> way to make this happen.

If you're needing to have warnings sent via email and criticals
sent via SMS (for example), it's not difficult.  The solution isn't
what I'd call simple or ideal, but:

1) Define two contacts for each user
2) One contact gets notifications via email, and its only alerting
   options are warning and recovery
3) One contact gets notifications via SMS, and its only alerting
   options are critical and recovery
4) Add *both* contacts to each host/service that you want monitored
   in this fashion

Nice, simple, and clean?  Nope.  But it works and works well.

Benny

--
Me:  'How big a monster can you take out with one of those? Would
      you win a fight with Godzilla?'