Monitoring Cisco Ironport

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 20 04:52:57 CEST 2010

Hello all.

Here, we have recently acquired a Cisco Ironport Email gateway appliance, and this makes all sorts of useful data available via an XML interface.  Therefore, I have created a plugin for Nagios and MRTG that can collect and threshold this data using the HTTPS/XML interface.

The plugin is written in Perl using LWP.  It is still in its infancy, but can retrieve any of the counters, gauges and rates available on the standard web status screen; if anyone would like to have a copy of the v0.1 or has their own experiences in monitoring Ironports, please let me know...

Due to impending growth of my family I may take a bit longer to reply that normal

Steve