Installing Nagios-Plugins [make errors]

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Mon Apr 19 11:06:28 CEST 2010

Juki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 19 April 2010 08:48, Mark Elsen <mark.elsen at gmail.com
> <mailto:mark.elsen at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>      Try 'gmake'  (GNU Make) ,
>

> After using 'gmake' the error has now changed to this;
>
> /Undefined                       first referenced
> SSL_load_error_strings              sslutils.o
> SSL_write                           sslutils.o
> OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms          sslutils.o
> SSL_set_fd                          sslutils.o
> SSL_free                            sslutils.o
> SSL_read                            sslutils.o
> SSLv23_client_method                sslutils.o
> SSL_new                             sslutils.o
> SSL_CTX_new                         sslutils.o
> SSL_connect                         sslutils.o
> SSL_shutdown                        sslutils.o
> SSL_CTX_free                        sslutils.o
> SSL_library_init                    sslutils.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_http
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake[2]: *** [check_http] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/nagios-plugins-1.4.14/plugins'
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/nagios-plugins-1.4.14'
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2/
>

> Something wrong with the check_http plugin, perhaps?
>
> Juki.
When  you run the configure script - did it say anything about SSL ?

from first glance it seems that it is looking for the sslutil.o module
and does not find it .

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon

I am doing a Charity Bike ride On the 27 of June for the
Capital to Coast Charity. Please help by Donating
http://www.justgiving.com/Lovefilm-capital-to-coast