Nagios.lock file issue...

ravishankar.gundlapali at wipro.com ravishankar.gundlapali at wipro.com
Sat Apr 17 16:02:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

 I am using Nagios 3.0.6 with Nagios plugins 1.4.14 on Linux with Fedora
10.1.

 I am having a tuff time getting my nagios box running. Even after doing
the configuration changes they are not getting reflected.

After doing the changes ,when I run the below command it is not showing
any errors or warnings.

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

But after this when I run the command service nagios restart,I get the
following output.

[root at LTCPNAGPRD01 objects]# service nagios restart

Running configuration check...done.

Stopping nagios: No lock file found in /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.lock

Starting nagios: done.

I have checked whether the nagios.lock file is present or not,please see
below output.

[root at LTCPNAGPRD01 ~]# cd /usr/local/nagios/var/

[root at LTCPNAGPRD01 var]# ls

archives  nagios.lock  nagios.log  objects.cache  retention.dat  rw
spool  status.dat

Please someone help me on this..

Thanks,

Ravi G