Internal error

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Tue Apr 13 13:39:01 CEST 2010

Richard Hagen <r.hagen at qlict.nl> writes:

> I recently installed a new DELL Poweredge 2970 with W2k8 and installed also
> DELL OMSA.
>
> When i read the status from nagios i get the following error:
>
> Amperage probe 0 [PS 1 Current 1] reads 0 A
> Amperage probe 1 [PS 2 Current 2] reads 0 A
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in division (/) at /usr/lib/nagios/
> plugins/check_openmanage line 3536.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in division (/) at /usr/lib/nagios/
> plugins/check_openmanage line 3536.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib/nagios/
> plugins/check_openmanage line 3562.

Hi Richard,

This happens because the value (i.e. reading from the amperage probes)
are not reported by SNMP, while the rest of the data about the probes
are reported (status, type, name etc.). There is something wrong with
Openmanage on this server. What is the output from this command:

  omreport chassis pwrmonitoring

That being said, the plugin could handle this better. Please try the
beta version available here:

  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/tmp/

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo