Nagios Logfiles being compressed on SLES11

Christian Schneemann schneemann at b1-systems.de
Fri Apr 9 11:43:33 CEST 2010

Hallo,
On Friday 09 April 2010 10:47:42 am Getchell, Kristoffer M wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me out.  We're running Nagios 3.0.6 on SLES 11
> and I'm having an issue with the archived logfiles being compressed.  The
> archive of logfiles is located in the /var/log/nagios/archives directory
>  and they are set to be cycled daily by Nagios.  Logrotate has no entries
>  for the Nagios directory.  However, every night the files are being BZip2
>  compressed and I can't figure out what is causing this.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?  I've been looking at it so long that I'm sure I'm
> missing the obvious cause of this behaviour, but can't see what it is!

have a look in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, there should be the file that's
causing this.
you can simply delete the file or move it to a backup place.

Regards,
 Christian

--
Christian Schneemann            Geschaeftsfuehrer: Ralph Dehner
IT Consultant & Trainer            Unternehmenssitz:  Vohburg

Adresse: B1 Systems GmbH, Osterfeldstraße 7, 85088 Vohburg
GPG: http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2FA8643A41BDAB81