nrep error: libssl no such file or a directory

patrick.morris at hp.com patrick.morris at hp.com
Thu Apr 8 20:39:34 CEST 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010, Shashank Kamble wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to Nagios. I am trying to install nrpe2.12 on Solaris 8. I compiled it without any error, and made all the necessary changes that required NRPE to run. But, whenever I try to run "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H localhost", I am getting following error.
>
> ld.so.1: nrpe: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.8: open failed: No such file or directory
>

> I did some research online, but still no luck, could you please help me with this issue.

You've compiled nrpe with SSL support, but libssl.so.0.9.8 is not in
your system library path.

It's also possible you used someone else's precompiled package, and it
was built against a library you don't have.

In case 1, you need to either make sure that library is in your systel
mibrary path, or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running nrpe to include the
directory that library ilves in.

In case 2, you need to either obtain that library, or get one that's
built against files that do exist on your system.