Nagiosgraph and load graphing

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Thu Apr 8 09:25:10 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010, Paras pradhan wrote:
> How do I change it to match the output similar to what w and
> top provides. i.e instead of 350m, 440m,200m  graph it as 0.03,
> 0.04, 0.02.

This is not a matter of NagiosGraph itself, but of its rrdtool
backend. To create the legend on the graph, it will use a line
like this:

rrdtool graph [...] 'GPRINT:B:LAST:Cur %6.1lf %sOct' [...]

That GPRINT part creates the legend for a certain data source (in
this case 'B'). The thing responsible for the SI prefix (i.e. m,
k, G and so on) is the "%s". So to get rid of that you'd have to
make NG not include it when creating graphs.

Yes, that may be a nasty piece of effort, but I don't know NG
very well, so I can't say if it's possible easily.

For more information on RRDTool itself, I recommend its man pages
or better yet, its homepage http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/

HTH,
Tobias
--
printk(CARDNAME": Bad Craziness - sent packet while busy.\n" );
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/smc9194.c