Failover+NSCA - syncing webinterface settings?

kristian nagios at vitro.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 12:27:37 CEST 2010

Hi Frank

I've got a similar setup running and had the problem of whenever the slave
came online, any acknowledgements on the master were lost and notifications
came out again.

I use subversion to keep my object definitions in line between the slave and
master (there is an svn update step in the master check on the slave) so the
way I got around this was to commit the status.dat and retention.dat files
to svn each minute. As part of the svn update on the slave, it turns off
nagios, svn updates everything and then switches the slave back on, thus
transferring all my acknowledgements across to the slave.

I'm sure it could be done more elegantly, but this works for me.

Hope it helps
Kristian