Not recieving email notifications??

Asrai khn asraikhn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 07:17:29 CEST 2010

Check if your there is any email in your mail queue

mailq?

May be your MTA some problem in sending out bound emails?

also try to su to naigios user

su - nagios

and type

$mail

may be email are bouncing back?

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:57 AM, <ravishankar.gundlapali at wipro.com> wrote:

>  Hi ,
>

> I am using Nagios 3.0.6 on Linux with Fedora installed on it.
>

> My Nagios suddenly stopped sending email notifications .
>

> Here is my service template.
>

> # Generic service definition template - This is NOT a real service, just a
> template!
>

> define service{
>
>         name                            generic-service         ; The
> 'name' of this service template
>
>         active_checks_enabled           1                       ; Active
> service checks are enabled
>
>         passive_checks_enabled          1                       ; Passive
> service checks are enabled/accepted
>
>         parallelize_check               1                       ; Active
> service checks should be parallelized (disabling this can lead to major
> performance problems)
>
>         obsess_over_service             1                       ; We should
> obsess over this service (if necessary)
>
>         check_freshness                 0                       ; Default
> is to NOT check service 'freshness'
>
>         notifications_enabled           1                       ; Service
> notifications are enabled
>
>         event_handler_enabled           1                       ; Service
> event handler is enabled
>
>         flap_detection_enabled          1                       ; Flap
> detection is enabled
>
>         failure_prediction_enabled      1                       ; Failure
> prediction is enabled
>
>         process_perf_data               1                       ; Process
> performance data
>
>         retain_status_information       1                       ; Retain
> status information across program restarts
>
>         retain_nonstatus_information    1                       ; Retain
> non-status information across program restarts
>
>         is_volatile                     0                       ; The
> service is not volatile
>
>         check_period                    24x7                    ; The
> service can be checked at any time of the day
>
>         max_check_attempts              2                       ; Re-check
> the service up to 3 times in order to determine its final (hard) state
>
>         normal_check_interval           5                       ; Check the
> service every 10 minutes under normal conditions
>
>         retry_check_interval            1                       ; Re-check
> the service every two minutes until a hard state can be determined
>
> #        contact_groups
> stw_win_server,stw_network_devices,stw_app_server       ; Notifications get
> sent out to everyone in the 'admins' group
>
>         notification_options            w,u,c                   ; Send
> notifications about warning, unknown, critical, and recovery events
>
>         notification_interval           30                      ; Re-notify
> about service problems every hour
>
>         notification_period             24x7                    ;
> Notifications can be sent out at any time
>
>         register                        0                       ; DONT
> [...]

I sense much NT in you, NT leads to Blue Screen.
Blue Screen leads to downtime, downtime leads to suffering. NT is the path
to the darkside