Monitoring a 3Com Baseline SPF switch

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 12:22:24 CEST 2009

Hi.

I need to monitor a 3Com Baseline 2916 SFP Plus switch.
This switch supports the SNMP protocol and the public community is
enable in read-only.
I don't understand how I can monitor it through the check_snmp plugin.

I tried that without any positive result:

server:/# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 192.168.98.122 -C public
SNMP problem - No data received from host
CMD: /usr/bin/snmpget -t 1 -r 5 -m '' -v 1 [authpriv] 192.168.98.122:161

I don't know what commands I have to use with the -o option.

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much!
Bye.