Different notifications times for same service on different hosts?

Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 13:48:13 CEST 2009

Hi Chaps,

I've got a nagios server that constantly performs various checks on database servers.  I have one set of services that serve as the checks for all of the database servers since they are all identical.

What I want to do is prevent the checks running against just one of the servers during the early hours of the morning, is this possible without duplicating all the service checks again?

E.g. I've got a service defined like :

define service{
        host_name                       svr-a,svr-b,svr-c,svr-restore
        service_description             Some check
        check_command                   check_nrpe!some_check
        check_interval                  10
        check_period                    24x7
        notification_period             24x7
        contact_groups                  admins,smsadmins
}

Now I want 24x7 notifications from this service for svr-a, svr-b and svr-c but I don not want notifications from svr-restore in the early hours (whilst it is restoring the database)

Does anyone know how to do this? Or an I going to have to duplicate all the service checks for the restore server?

Thanks
Glyn