notifications

alexus alexus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:48:03 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Jim Avery <jim at jimavery.me.uk> wrote:
> 2009/9/19 alexus <alexus at gmail.com>:
>> why this won't work?
>> i dont get notifications
>>

>> define service {
>>        hostgroup_name                  nrpe-disk
>>        service_description             disk
>>        use                             alarm,check
>>        check_command                   check_nrpe1!check_disk
>>        register                        1
>>        }
>>
>> define command {
>>       command_name                             check_nrpe1
>>       command_line                             $USER1$/check_nrpe -H
>> $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
>> }
>

> If you are using the standard check_disk plugin, I expect it needs
> some options to tell it what the warning and critical thresholds are
> and which disk you want to check.  Run "check_disk --help" from the
> command line to see which options are required.

if it passed through NRPE, on the other side i can configure to work
without passing anything and the NRPE side will have all appropriate
parameters, plus nagios reports me disk usage so it's obviously
working the way it should

> Do other notifications work okay from your Nagios system, or are you
> not getting any at all?  Can you send emails using "/usr/bin/mail"
> from the command line?

and yes some of the services works fine and some aren't

--
http://alexus.org/