Nagios Logrotation

shprahi shprahi shprahicentos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 03:25:41 CEST 2009

Hi ,

First time i am posting to nagios list.-;)

I am using nagios 2.9 on CentOS 5.3 32 bit and all these days log rotation
was happening fine and i was able to view previous days logs from front end
as well as backend from archive folder ( I am doing log rotation daily
basis). All of sudden from past 4 days log rotation is happening but not
completing properly due to which i am not able to view previous days logs
from front end and if i look back at archive folder, log files are being
created with very small size like 100K or 150K where in before rotation
nagios.log size was 13 MB.Also before this of problem all log files ware
rotated properly and size of each logs files are avg 13 MB.

I am not able to trace this issue and not able to figure out whether this is
something to do with OS log rotation or Nagios log rotation.One more thing i
noticed the day this issue started log rotate is starting at 00:00 and
ending 00:00 wher in it used to start at 23:59 and used end at 00:00

-rw-rw-r-- 1 nagios nagios  14M Aug 24 23:59 nagios-09-22-2009-00.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nagios nagios 147K Aug 26 00:00 nagios-09-23-2009-00.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 nagios nagios 3.0K Aug 27 00:00 nagios-09-24-2009-00.log

let me know any more inputs needed from my side

Thanks to you in advance.
Shprahi