PCI GSM Modem sources.

Simone Felici s.felici at alpikom.it
Wed Sep 23 19:01:59 CEST 2009

Never used PCI GSM cards. We are using smstools and two Nokia 6310i connected via serial port (rs232). It does great the
work on two nagios servers since 2001. I've tested an old Falcom A2 GSM modem as well, with zero issues.
If you need send only sms an old/stable gsm phone does the work very well. the card (business or prepaid) then you
decide to use is up to you.
It does not only send alarms. I use it to have a nagios status on demand via sms if I receive an sms-alarm and I would
like to check if 5mins later the alarm is gone, in example sending an sms to the server. smstools can handle incoming
sms as well and, in example, execute a script which parse the status.log of nagios and checks whether an alarm is still
active or not sending back an sms.
It's a little OT, but only another idea in case it could be halpful.

Bye,

simon