Gnokki Issues

Martyn martyn at chetnet.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 12:36:54 CEST 2009

Hi all, I have just installed Gnokii for my SMS alerts and having a few
issues, could you check my config and let me know if you see any errors or
any reason why I can not send SMS alerts.

I can send SMS via command line in the following way:

echo "Hello World" | gnokii --sendsms +123456789 -r

Here is my Nagios Command:

/usr/bin/printf "%.120s" "ALERT\n\nNotification Type:
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time:
$LONGDATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$ ##" | gnokii --sendsms
"** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is$SERVICESTATE$
**" $CONTACTEMAIL$ -r

And my .gnokiirc file

[global]
 port = /dev/ttyS0