$STATUSDATAFILE$ macro not working in Nagios 3.0.6

Scott Greenman GreenmanSE at familysearch.org
Tue Sep 22 18:51:16 CEST 2009

We just upgraded from Nagios 2.x to Nagios 3.0.6 running on debian Lenny.  I have a check command and service defined as follows:

define command {
        command_name    check_cluster
        command_line    $USER2$/check_cluster.py $ARG1$ $STATUSDATAFILE$ "$ARG2$" "$ARG3$"
}

define service {
        service_description     Sev 1: Web Servers - Apache
        use                     sev-1-service
        host_name               cluster
        check_command           check_cluster!-c 30!Apache HTTP!_web-fs_
        normal_check_interval   1
        servicegroups           Cluster
}

This used to work fine, but since the upgrade the $STATUSDATAFILE$ macro isn't being replaced by anything when the command is executed. I put a sleep at the beginning of the check_cluster.py script so I can see what is executed by doing a ps and I see:

0 S nagios   26943 26942  0  85   5 -  4713 -      11:27 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/python /home/nagios/fs/nagios/libexec/check_cluster.py -c 30 Apache HTTP _web-fs_

The macro is still documented and according to the docs should be available to service checks.

Is this a bug?  Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Scott Greenman
Software Developer
Family History Department
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints