RE [spam?] Problems installing NRPE

frank.bourdeau at dga.defense.gouv.fr frank.bourdeau at dga.defense.gouv.fr
Tue Sep 22 08:11:26 CEST 2009

Hi ,

Is nrpe daemon started or is xinetd installed and started ?

Cheers
Frank

[ENVOYE PAR INTERNET]

Reynier Pérez Mira <rperezm at uci.cu>
22/09/2009 05:31
Veuillez répondre à
rperezm at uci.cu

"Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net" <Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Objet
[spam?] [Nagios-users] Problems installing NRPE

Hi every:
I'm following the guide for install and configure NRPE. I have installed
and working Nagios 3.2.0 in a server. I want to monitor another Linux
server. For that I install NRPE in both. When I try to check the
communication between Nagios Server and Remote Host to monitor I get
this error:

root at monitoring:# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H myserver
CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.

Can any help to solve this problem?
Cheers and thanks in advance

reporting any issue.