Webpage Plugin

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Sep 21 17:15:22 CEST 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 8:51 AM, Greg Pangrazio wrote:

> I have a Cisco ASA with an IronPort webproxy restricting access to non
> work related sites.  I would like to monitor the WCCP status.  As far
> as i can tell there is no snmp OID for the wccp process.

Not that I've found either. I ended up coding a custom plugin that
logs into the router and parses 'show ip wccp web-cache detail',
looking for 'Error', '0  Packets Redirected' or 'is not enabled' for
error conditions.

> Does anyone know of a good plugin that actually checks the page
> contents?

We do this as well to verify functionality of the filtering system
beyond basic wccp functionality. The standard check_http does this.
Here's an example of using check_http to check a proxy. You can just
add a -s or -R to this to check for the presence of your string.

http://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05893.html

--
Marc