check_snmp query for bgp

Emily new2nagios at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 16:59:31 CEST 2009

Hello, does anyone know how I can do an snmp_check (ie what is the OID/MIB)
to use for seeing if bgp has flapped? I currently do an icmp poll on the ip
address of the port on the router, but the outage was so brief as to not
register in nagios, I am looking for a way to monitor the time-stamp on the
bgp session, that if 0:00 or something less than 24:00 send an alert.

much appreciation...
em