Unwanted false OK states

Marcus Rejås marcus at rejas.se
Thu Sep 17 12:32:07 CEST 2009

On 09/17 11:41, Martin Melin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are these printers SNMP capable so you're just using check_snmp or something
> else?

I'm running a php-script that uses snmp.

> First of all I'd try replicating the problem by executing your checks
> manually and seeing how long it takes for a false OK state to return to
> WARNING.

I've tried that, but I cannot reproduce it. I have started a while-loop now
that checks one printer that are currently in Warning state every second that
will be running over lunch. Hopefully there is something in the output-file
when I get back :-)

> For this situation soft/hard states for recoveries would be ideal, but since
> that's not possible I'd suggest using check_many with the first-fail option.
> Hopefully it only takes a few seconds for the printers to remember that the
> toner is low.

My thoughts exactly.

Thank you for your input. I'll try that.

--
Marcus Rejås          jabber:   marcus at jabber.rejas.se  ,= ,-_-. =.
Rejås Datakonsult     e-mail:   marcus at rejas.se        ((_/)o o(\_))