Remote logfile monitoring

Thu Sep 17 10:34:47 CEST 2009

Jelle Smet wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Are there any ways whatsoever to do remote logfile monitoring for *nix
> with following requirements?:
>
> * Use NRPE and no other client (with arguments allowed) as nrpe is our
> standard.

Any plugin that works for Nagios directly should also work with NRPE.
The only potential difference is of course the processor and system
architecture.

> * Use regex's to match
> * Regex's/matches should be defined on the Nagios server (so not on
> the remote clients)

Since any Nagios plugin should work with NRPE, just search
MonitoringExchange.org for a suitable plugin. I just searched and found
a few that mentioned regexps - just evaluate them for your needs.