Strange issue with check_http -C for SSL certs

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Sep 16 19:57:47 CEST 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 12:11 PM, william pink wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First email to the list been a Nagios user for some time now and
> have never had any really trouble with it until today, I am using
> the check_http plugin to check for SSL certificate expiry. I can
> check the plug in manually and it results back in the correct expiry
> time but if I configure it in Nagios it returns a totally different
> date here is the configuration

Hi William... This is an indication that what you're doing from the
command line is different than what you're asking nagios to do. How
are they different? Please post your command line test as well as the
output that nagios is displaying in the GUI. Both will help determine
what's going wrong. My guess is that the -H parameter ends up being
different between the two. Please also post the host definition for
your test host that is displaying this problem as well.

--
Marc