Status Map

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Thu Sep 10 20:19:04 CEST 2009

Hardip Zhim wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I get a page cannot be displayed.
>
> I have followed the FAQ's from nagios site but that didn't seem to help.
>
> I have followed the following and still no luck:
> http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/documentations-a-howto/256--nagio
> scgi-binstatusmapcgi-was-not-found-on-this-server
>

> On Sep 10, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Hardip Zhim wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have ubuntu installed with all the extras lib files but the status
>> map does not show. Any help?
>>

> What happens instead? There are a number of FAQ entries related to the
> status map. Perhaps one of them applies?

This won't be any help directly, but here are some general suggestions
on getting assistance with software issues:

   1. Always state the *exact* error you're seeing up front. Cut and
      paste is a handy tool for this. Vague descriptions of error
      messages really don't give anyone a starting point for
      troubleshooting your issue.
   2. Check your server logs. If the error message there (and there
      probably is one) isn't enough for you to figure out what's wrong,
      passing it on here would be helpful. In this case, the logical
      place to start looking would be the Apache logs.
   3. Always let people know what version of the software you're
      running, what platform you're running it on, and how it was
      installed.
   4. If your software was built from source, the output of the
      compilation of the broken part may give you or someone else a hint
      as to what's wrong.
   5. If you've done something to resolve the issue and it didn't work,
      what was it?

Hitting at least a few of these points make it much more likely someone
will be able to help you.