Remote restart by ssh

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Sep 8 16:08:22 CEST 2009

On Sep 8, 2009, at 8:24 AM, Alex Huth wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a service on a remote machine which dies frequently. I want
> to restart
> him by ssh. I followed the steps in the guide, but when i stop him
> nothing
> happens.
> That's what i have done so far:
>
> commands.cfg
>
> define command{
> 	command_name	restart_saprouter
> command_line $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 175 -l admin -i
> /adm/etc/nagios/id_nagios -C
> 'usr/local/libexec/eventhandlers/restart_saprouter.sh $SERVICESTATE$
> $SERVICESTATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$'
> 	}

Did you set up authorized_keys for passwordless access? As the nagios
user, did you 'ssh -l admin <host_address>' and accept the key and
verify passwordless access? '<host_address>' must match the
host_address specified in the host{} definition.

> the eventhandler script on the remote machine:

>                        /etc/init.d/saprouter.sh restart

Does the 'admin' user have permission to run this script successfully?

--
Marc