Remote restart by ssh

Alex Huth a.huth at tmr.net
Tue Sep 8 15:24:48 CEST 2009

Hi!

I have a service on a remote machine which dies frequently. I want to restart
him by ssh. I followed the steps in the guide, but when i stop him nothing
happens.
That's what i have done so far:

commands.cfg

define command{
	command_name	restart_saprouter
command_line $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 175 -l admin -i
/adm/etc/nagios/id_nagios -C
'usr/local/libexec/eventhandlers/restart_saprouter.sh $SERVICESTATE$
$SERVICESTATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$'
	}

services.cfg

define service{
        name                            xxxx.base.saprouter-running
        use                             xxxx.base-service
        hostgroup_name                  xxxx.base.saprouters
        service_description             SAP router process present
        check_command                   ssh_check_procs!1:1!1:1!saprouter
	event_handler			restart_saprouter
        }
define servicedependency{
	hostgroup_name			xxxx.base.saprouters
	dependent_hostgroup_name	xxxx.base.saprouters
	service_description		SSH
	dependent_service_description	SAP router process present
	execution_failure_criteria	n
	notification_failure_criteria	w,u,c
	}

the eventhandler script on the remote machine:

#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
OK)
        ;;
WARNING)
        ;;
UNKNOWN)
        ;;
CRITICAL)
        case "$2" in

        SOFT)

                case "$3" in

                3)
                        echo -n "Restarting SAP-Router service (3rd soft
critical state)..."
                        /etc/init.d/saprouter.sh restart
                        ;;
                        esac
                ;;

        HARD)
                echo -n "Restarting SAP-Router service..."
                /etc/init.d/saprouter.sh restart
                ;;
        esac
        ;;
esac
exit 0

log of nagios:

[1252415755] SERVICE ALERT: xxxxxxxx;SAP router process
present;CRITICAL;SOFT;1;PROCS CRITICAL: 0 processes with command name
'saprouter'
[1252415755] SERVICE EVENT HANDLER: xxxxxxxxxxxxx;SAP router process
present;(null);(null);(null);restart_saprouter
[1252415815] SERVICE ALERT: xxxxxxxxxxxx;SAP router process
present;CRITICAL;SOFT;2;PROCS CRITICAL: 0 processes with command name
'saprouter'
[1252415815] SERVICE EVENT HANDLER: xxxxxxxxxxx;SAP router process
present;(null);(null);(null);restart_saprouter
[1252415875] SERVICE ALERT: xxxxxxxxxx;SAP router process
present;CRITICAL;HARD;3;PROCS CRITICAL: 0 processes with command name
'saprouter'
[1252415875] SERVICE EVENT HANDLER: xxxxxxxxxxxxx;SAP router process
present;(null);(null);(null);restart_saprouter

Can someone give me light where my fault is?

Thx

Alex