Synchronize changes made via the web UI in fail-over monitoring setup

YungWei Chen ywchen76 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 01:42:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

    I have 2 nagios servers configured to support fail-over monitoring (scenario 2 as mentioned in http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/redundancy.html). I am wondering if there's a way to copy changes made via the web UI from the master to the slave.
    For example, I disable some services via the web UI on the master, and I want to copy those changes to the slave periodically so that when the master goes down, the slave will take over and show the same settings in its web UI.
    It looks like changes made via the web UI are stored in a file called status.dat, but copying it from the master to the slave doesn't solve the problem because the slave nagios server is always up and running in my fail-over monitoring setup.
    Any idea? Thanks.