Check_oracle_health plugin error

chethan.mnc at wipro.com chethan.mnc at wipro.com
Mon Sep 7 12:37:31 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I m trying to monitor oracle database hosted on solaris machine. when i
try to configure/compile  check_oracle_health plugin I m getting an
error as below...

Please let me know any work around for this error.

Regards,
Chethan M N

bash-3.00# ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking how to create a pax tar archive... pax
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
variable with_statefiles_dir is /var/tmp/check_oracle_health
checking for sh... /usr/bin/sh
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for gzip... /usr/bin/gzip
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... /usr/bin/nawk
checking for grep... /usr/bin/grep
checking for echo... /usr/bin/echo
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for cat... /usr/bin/cat
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/Makefile
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/subst
config.status: creating t/Makefile
                       --with-perl: /usr/bin/perl
             --with-statefiles-dir: /var/tmp/check_oracle_health
                --with-nagios-user: nagios
               --with-nagios-group: nagios
bash-3.00# make
Making all in plugins-scripts
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target
`Nagios/DBD/Oracle/Server/Instance/SGA/SharedPool/DictionaryCache.pm'
Current working directory
/tmp/test/check_oracle_health-1.4.0.1/plugins-scripts
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
failcom='exit 1'; \
for f in x $MAKEFLAGS; do \
  case $f in \
    *=* | --[!k]*);; \
    *k*) failcom='fail=yes';; \
  esac; \
done; \
dot_seen=no; \
target=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive//`; \
list='plugins-scripts t'; for subdir in $list; do \
  echo "Making $target in $subdir"; \
  if test "$subdir" = "."; then \
    dot_seen=yes; \
    local_target="$target-am"; \
  else \
    local_target="$target"; \
  fi; \
  (cd $subdir && make  $local_target) \
  || eval $failcom; \
done; \
if test "$dot_seen" = "no"; then \
  make  "$target-am" || exit 1; \
fi; test -z "$fail"
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
=========