can nagios take some pro-active actions?

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Sat Sep 5 02:12:24 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:55, Leandro Quibem Magnabosco <
leandro.magnabosco at fcdl-sc.org.br> wrote:

>  Very interesting idea, Allan.
>
> I might implement something similar.
> If you don't mind, could you share more about this implementation?

What, stealing bits form autotest and nagios to implement a quick
services-check?

It's more trivial than you think; I don't have extotest anymore (the
original implementation) but I quickly assembled a bonehead example to
illustrate:

grab:     http://r.chickenandporn.com/nagtest-0.1.tar.bz2

or:
   wget -O - http://r.chickenandporn.com/nagtest-0.1.tar.bz2 | tar xjf - &&
\
   cd nagtest-0.1 && \
   ./configure && \
   make check

Edit tests-autotest/check*.at.in, autoconf finds the check_* plugins (with a
"helped" CHECK_PROG() ) and the testsuite iterates the hosts to check each.
 The configure.ac is just enough to get the programs.

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com  "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish
http://tech.chickenandporn.com/tags/nagios