Stuck... Object Tricks turning into Object Failures...

John Cavanaugh cavanaughwww at hp.com
Sat Sep 5 00:40:50 CEST 2009

Max,

Thanks for the suggestion, I had considered using escalations but I believe
I then lose the ability to use escalations for what they were originally
intended for, that of notifying second/third level support or managers.   Or
do you have a way that you still accomplish that with this type of config??

I may need to just suck it up and replicate the services per host group.  I
hate to do it that way, but unless there is another way to sort of have a
"mixin style" inheritance where the service can inherit details from the
host/hostgroup Im not sure I have any other options...

PS.   Love the "perldork" email handle.  ;-)

--
John Cavanaugh