can nagios take some pro-active actions?

Leonardo Carneiro lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br
Thu Sep 3 13:44:12 CEST 2009

hello everyone.

Started to play with Nagios a few days ago and i'm very excited with it.
I have a very small setup (2 linux server being monitored via npre by a
third linux server) and i'd wrote some bash scripts to monitor some of
the services that we run on those services (proprietary services,
non-standard ones like ssh, apache and that stuff).

I know Nagios can send sms, email and other things to warn
administrators about problems, but can Nagios take any action to fix the
problem, like restart the service if reach critical state, or restart
the service if the service stays critical for more than 5 minutes?

If yes, can someone just point me to the direction i should go? :)

Tks in advance, and sorry about my poor english. I'm from Brazil.
--

*Leonardo de Souza Carneiro*
*Veltrac - Tecnologia em Logística.*