Is there such thing as automatic passive service check?

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Sep 1 07:39:13 CEST 2009

TO : Mr.Keane

Hello Kevin.

Thank you for the reply.
We have not enabled the freshness check. However, the service output was "OK".

Thank you
Yu Watanabe

Kevin Keane さんは書きました:
>This could be caused by freshness checking. If you configure a service
>for passive checks, and no results arrive for the freshness interval
>(and if you have turned on freshness checking, of course), then Nagios
>will perform an active check even if active checks are otherwise
>disabled. I'm using check_dummy to return a Warning state in that situation.
>
>Yu Watanabe wrote:
>> Hello all.
>>
>> We are using Nagios v 3.0.6 and experiecned a strange situation.
>> The services which we have deactivated the active check had been
>> changed to OK status , service output as "OK".
>>
>> Does nagios automatically update the Pending status services and
>> change it to OK stauts?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Yu Watanabe
>>
>--
>Kevin Keane
>Owner
>The NetTech
>Find the Uncommon: Expert Solutions for a Network You Never Have to Think About
>
>Office: 866-642-7116
>http://www.4nettech.com
>
>This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of
the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.