RV: check_snmp : External command error with no output (return code: 3)

Ricardo Melendez rmelendez at utep.com.mx
Tue Oct 27 20:18:42 CET 2009

Hi, this is the verbose output,

nagios at nagios:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_snmp -H 192.168.1.5 -C
MYCOMMUNITY -o ifOperStatus.1 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB -v

/usr/local/bin/ -t 1 -r 5 -m RFC1213-MIB -v 1 [authpriv] 192.168.1.5:161
ifOperStatus.1

External command error with no output (return code: 3)

It seems that the "/usr/local/bin" directory is where "snmp-net" package is
installed, all the binaries are here.

Any idea.

Thanks