grouing services

Melanie Pfefer melanie_pfefer at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 14:56:54 CET 2009

hi,

I am trying to group a list of services, using a servicegroup or other methods.

Currently, I have this config file

define service{
        name                            my-service
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              4
        normal_check_interval           240
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             my-service
        host                            hostA
        service_description             SERVICEA
        check_command                   my_command!SERVICEA
}

define service{
        use                             my-service
        host                            hostB
        service_description             SERVICEB
        check_command                   my_command!SEFVICEB
}

Each time, I add 1 service for each service_description. Do you have any other optimal method?

thank you