file or directory not found

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Oct 27 14:34:05 CET 2009

On Oct 27, 2009, at 4:22 AM, Alex Huth wrote:

> For all newbies to nagios like me: It seems you can't only copy the
> plugins to
> a remote server and check him by ssh. You have to compile the
> plugins on the
> remote server, then it works fine.

The plugins are really no different than any other program. You _can_
just copy them to a remote server successfully provided it's the same
OS and architecture and that all the required libraries and
dependencies for the plugin are installed (and in the same location).
If you use the same OS build all around you will have no problems at
all.

--
Marc

p.s. I intentionally did not talk about cross-compiling or statically
linked binaries, which are other fun ways to just be able to copy them
over.